Strategic planning is at the heart of every enterprise, and CIOs are often concerned with “aligning” information and technology activities with the business strategy. Companies that are leaders in digital business do not distinguish between “business” and “IT” – there is one story for business success and that is the business story. In this session attendees will:
- Engage in the thought process behind the art of a one-page strategy
- Critique real-life 1-page strategies
- Learn the techniques for developing a one-page strategy and have the opportunity to develop your own one-pager.
As a Research Vice President for Gartner’s Office of the CIO, Heather Colella works hard to make the difficult easy when helping CIOs improve their contribution to business results. As the creator of The Art of the One-Page Strategy she is passionate about strategy, effective communications and Gartner clients’ personal success.
Ms. Colella’s motto is “Your Success Is My Joy,” because she feels rewarded when clients achieve new levels of success using Gartner services. Ms. Colella’s experience has been invested as a management consultant, developing information technology strategies, architectures and plans for major corporations. She has been a CEO of her own management consulting firm, was a Managing Director with KPMG/BearingPoint, a Senior Manager with KPMG/Nolan, Norton & Co., and a Consultant with both Gemini Consulting and IBM. Prior to joining Gartner, she was a Director at Fossil Partners and was responsible for three user-facing global organizations: PMO, service desk, and relationship managers who served as liaisons between the business areas within Fossil and IT.
Ms. Colella covers issues, not technologies. She is often asked to help CIOs improve the effectiveness of their IT organizations when it comes to strategy and effective communications. She helps CIOs and other executives prepare for executive presentations, including presentations to the board. She deals with the art of communicating, not the application of technology to communications.
Years of Experience
- 12 years in total with Gartner
- 25 years in IT industry
- 3 years in Services industry
- 3 years in Banking, Finance and Insurance industry
- 3 years in Education industry
- 3 years in Energy & Utilities industry
- Fossil Partners, Director, 3 years
- Nolan Norton/KPMG/BearingPoint, Managing Director, 8 years
- IBM, Consultant, 13 years
Top 5 Issues I Help Clients Address
- Business and IT strategy: The art of the one-page strategy
- How to create effective presentations
- Effective communications
- How to demonstrate the business value of IT
Top 5 Key Initiatives I Cover
- CIO Leadership in Innovation and Strategic Business Change
- CIO Role Evolution
- Business and I&T strategy
- Effective communications
- Personal effectiveness
- Leadership effectiveness
This event is by invitation only and the capacity is limited. If you would like to register, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation once we process your registration.
Gartner Seat Holders and special invitations: Free Access
Standard price: 7900 CZK excl. VAT
We are also offering an exclusive opportunity to speak directly with the analyst during a private 30 minute consultation to explore solutions to your personal IT issues and challenges. Please contact us for more information.